SECTION – A
1. Answer any THREE of the following in not more than 200
words each: 20*3=60
a) Perception of size is explained from visual angle
perspective. Evaluate its adequate.
b) The History of psychology show ' mind-body'
approach as one of the popular ways of explaining
behaviour. Discuss how this is being revisited in
c) With suitable examples distinguish between
exploratory type and confirmatory type factor analysis.
How do you examine the significance level of factors
d) Distinguish the application of signal detection theory
In the selection process of defense personal. How do
you get and interpret ROC Curve.
2. a). Distinguish between ' intelligence' and ' aptitude' tests.
Lists commonly measured aptitudes and their tests. 30
b). Prepare an experimental design following Sperling's
technique' to study iconic memory. What does the
experiment prove ? 30
3. What is psychological well being ? Discuss various
methods in promoting psychological well being across major
stages of the life span. 60
4. Discuss various characteristics of probability learning.
Prepare an experimental design of probability learning
following ' Bernoulli Sequence'. When is the behaviour
of the subject labeled as ' gambler's fallacy'? 60
SECTION B :
5. Answer any THREE of the following in not more than 200
words each: 20*3=60
a) Comment on Chomsky's theory of transformational
Generative grammar and discuss its later modifications.
b) Discuss the use(s) of SPSS programme in
c) What is non directive thinking? Discuss different
dimensions of thoughts processes in relation to concept
and creativity ?
d) How is emotional competence assessed? Discuss the
efforts of emotion on behaviour. Cite experimental
6. What are the different stages of sleep ? How are these
stages assessed experimentally ? Citing relevant research
studies discuss the effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive,
affective and behavioral dimensions. 60
7. Critically evaluate the relative merits and demerits of
psychometric measures of personality and intelligence.
8. Discuss nature, formation and measurement of attitude.
Can attitude be changed? Substantiate your answer citing
research finding. 60